Commercial Debt Claim (Claimant)

We introduce you to up to 4 trusted lawyers, tailored to your needs

What else you might like to know about Commercial Debt Claim (Claimant)

If your business finds itself in a commercial debt dispute and direct contact has failed to resolve the issue, seeking the help of a legal service provider should be your next step. Here is some basic guidance to inform your choice of legal expert. 

How can I make a claim for commercial debt?

If you have provided goods or services to another party as part of a business transaction then you are likely to have entered into an agreement to be paid in return. If you have not received payment then you can consult a legal expert to make a claim for that money. 

How long after a missed payment can I make my claim?

Claims for a commercial debt can be made during a period of 30 days after the completion of business between the two parties, or 30 days after an invoice has been sent. If you suspect that a customer or client is not willing to pay then you should pre-emptively consult a legal expert. 

How can a legal expert help me make a claim?

A legal service provider will advise on the validity of your claim, examining any documents such as service level agreements that may have been signed by both parties. If mediation fails and a hearing in small claims court becomes necessary then a legal expert will also take you through that process. 

How can I choose the best legal expert?

It is worth considering a number of factors when choosing a legal expert to assist with your commercial debt claim. You may wish to consider the location, reputation and cost of a firm before making your decision.


Answer a few short questions now and start comparing legal service providers based on the criteria most important to you.

What pricing structures can I expect?

A commercial debt claim may involve a brief period of mediation or a protracted court case. On that basis, it is common practice for a legal service provider to charge clients on an hourly rate basis. 

What happens if the defendant denies the allegation?

If the defendant denies the allegation and is not amenable to mediation then it may become necessary to take them to trial. Most cases will be heard in small claims court, although there may be a more formal hearing if the amount being claimed for exceeds £10,000. 

It’s quick and easy to find legal services for
Commercial Debt Claim (Claimant)

Get Quotes