Disputes icon

Possession Claims

We introduce you to up to 4 trusted lawyers, tailored to your needs

What else you might like to know about Possession Claims

If you believe you are in a position to contest the ownership of a property or premises, a legal service provider is well placed to pursue legal proceedings on your behalf. Here is some basic advice and guidance to inform your choice of legal expert.

What is a possession claim?

Possession claims can take a number of forms. Claims are usually brought by a landlord wishing to repossess a property where the tenant is in arrears.

What action can I take?

You may be able to resolve the dispute informally with the other party. If they are not willing or able to do this, you may have to take court action. A legal advisor can give you expert advice on the process involved and can represent you at a court hearing if required.

How does the claim procedure work?

If you have not been able to resolve the dispute informally, your legal service provider can make an application to the court to get possession of the property. Most claims can now be made through an on-line portal which aims to make the process quicker and set an early date for a court hearing. Your legal service provider will guide you through the process to ensure the best possible outcome for you.

What are the decisions a court can make?

If you are successful in your claim, the court can make a possession order to force the tenant to vacate the property and/or make on order to pay the outstanding debt. If the claim is not successful, you legal service provider can advise you on the options for a possible appeal.

How should I choose the best legal service provider?

When choosing a legal service provider to handle your possession claim, you may wish to consider the reputation of the firm.


You may also wish to consider factors such as the size, location and cost of a firm before making a decision. Answer a few short questions now and start comparing legal service providers based on the criteria most important to you.

What pricing structure can I expect?

A legal service provider will typically charge on a fixed fee or hourly rate basis for a possession claim. Find the best solution for you by comparing costs with The Law Superstore now.

  • Large Panel

    Over 50+ firms of lawyers

  • Best Price

    Cheaper than going direct

  • Accredited

    Certified and regulated panel

How our process works

1. Tell us about your situation

Situation icon

2. Provide and verify your details

Verify icon

3. We shortlist up to 4 lawyers

Shortlist icon

4. Our partners follow up with you

Follow up icon

It’s quick and easy to find legal services for
Possession Claims

Get Quotes

  • A very good site. It brought up several different quotes for my service which I was able to compare and I'm very satisfied with the provider I've chosen.

    Judith G
  • The site was well laid out and everything was easy to understand. Through The Law Superstore I found a great solicitor who has expert knowledge about the field I needed. I did look at other sites in my search for a solicitor, but The Law Superstore was the only site that didn't want payment upfront.

    Tim W
  • Fine. Efficient and friendly. The site was well laid out. Everything was easy to understand and I was able to select a solicitor easily.

    Eileen W
  • The website was really really good, I found it very easy to use and find the service I needed. It has been designed to look extremely professional and I really think it is a fantastic idea. I’ve actually got the website saved so if I do have the need for a legal service provider in the future I know where to go.

    Rupinder S
  • It’s a really useful tool for finding a solicitor; I thought that the website was really well designed, clear and easy to use. I had no issues finding the service I required and liked the fact all the results were displayed in a comparison table, I can see that you have a wide range of firms on your panel.

    Brian P