Children Advice icon

Child Residency & Contact

Child residency, custody and contact matters require parents or guardians to formally agree the terms by which a child or children will be cared for in the future. Find and compare legal experts from our panel now.

Compare now

We’ve made finding legal service providers easy

  • Compare the best prices in under 30 seconds
  • Instant results to filter and compare
  • Quality checked legal service providers
  • Hear from your chosen provider within 4 hours
  • Only pay when you’ve spoken and agreed terms
See how it works

1 Choose

from over 130 legal services

2 Answer

a few quick questions

3 Compare

solicitors for free

4 Select

the right solicitor for your needs

What else you might like to know about Child Residency & Contact

If you are looking to establish residency, custody and contact rights for your child, a legal service provider is able to represent your interests through mediation or in court. Here is some basic advice and guidance to inform your choice of legal expert.

How is child residency and contact usually established?

In many cases, child custody, residency and contact rights can be settled informally through direct communication. In cases where the nature of a relationship breakdown does not allow this, however, mediation or court action may be required.

How can mediation help?

A mediator is a trained professional who works with each party in attempt to reach a positive solution. The advantages of mediation are that it helps to avoid the cost and stress of court proceedings and allows the parties to keep the terms of the agreement under their control rather than leaving this in the hands of a judge.

How can a legal service provider help?

A legal service provider can offer expert advice about the procedure involved in child residency and contact cases. They can provide advice before, during and after mediation. If mediation is not successful, your legal service provider can advise on the court process and the types of order you can apply for.

How should I choose the best legal service provider?

When looking for a legal service provider to handle your child residency and contact case, face-to-face meetings may be important. It is therefore important to consider the location of your chosen firm. Additional considerations include the reputation, size and cost of a firm.


Answer a few short questions now and start comparing legal service providers based on the criteria most important to you.

What pricing structures can I expect?

Child residency and contact cases can involve mediation and court proceedings. Legal service providers may offer different pricing structures for each stage of a case, varying from fixed fees to hourly rates.

It’s quick and easy to find legal services for
Child Residency & Contact

Compare now

How can The Law Superstore help you?

Compare Instantly

Select your legal service provider comparing on rating, location, price and many more options

Trusted Partners

Quality checked and fully regulated legal service providers

Flexible Pricing

Legal services are available in a range of pricing options including Fixed Price, Hourly Rate and No Win No Fee

Other services you may also be interested in

Property Ownership icon

Buying & Selling a Property

Make arrangements for the purchase and sale of properties.

Compare More info

Break up Advice icon

Family Mediation

Resolve disagreements and make arrangements for family members.

Compare More info

Children Advice icon

Parental Responsibility

Seek advice relating to parental duties and responsibilities.

Compare More info